Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PINEWOOD DERBY 2009
"A Woman Scorned"
A couple weeks ago a sign up sheet went around with the guys names in our branch on it, we as the girls in the Branch were supposed to sign up next to a guys name and then we were going to make Pinewood Derby cars together for a race combined with another ward! I signed up with Bart, he's a deisel mechanic and I was sure if anyone was going to win and have a cool looking car it was going be Bart! AND WE WON! Well we won SECOND place...
Here I am with Jana on our second race!
Bart and I taking a brake from graphiting the wheels!

Semi final race!



2nd Place goes to Jen Frahm and Bart Richins and their unbelievable car "A Woman Scorned"!
I wasn't there when Bart named and registered our car but I think he did a pretty good job!

Bart actually spent the most time on the car. I sanded a little and then we spray painted it blue and put yellow wheels on it then...Bart took it home! He spent a lot of time on it and so when it came to the final race he wanted second place so that he was still elligible for the best paint job award. Bart was sad when the first 3 places couldn't win other prizes but we were the judges favorite they just had to give the award to someone else! Bart kept the car and he let me have the trophy, it fits nicely in my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment