Friday, March 6, 2009

HAPPY FRIDAY...SERIOUSLY?
Most people are grateful that it is Friday and I am usually. I got the usual visit this morning from a rep that has Fridays available to bring in his business. I appreciate him, he's a nice guy. BUT, he comes in gives me some apps and says that a friend of his came in with him the other week and he thinks that I'm cute. (I don't know how to explain while typing the action where you stick your finger down your throat like you are gagging yourself but go ahead and imagine me doing that right here) SO I told him that I wasn't that interested in blind dates and actually to be honest in dating anyone right now. I talked with him a little about this friend, of course he's divorced which is fine but I'm always first in everyone's mind when that is part of the situation. I asked what went wrong with the friend's marriage, well his ex-wife was spending all his money and not taking care of their kids. Kids... so how many kids do they have...2 ... HOW OLD? 18 AND 20! HOW OLD IS THIS GUY?....44! AHHH! I said I'M 26! He continued the degradation with OH I thought you were older than that! HOW MUCH OLDER!!! Oh my gosh, if I were even 34 that leaves me ten years younger! DO I LOOK 34!!!! SERIOUSLY! SERIOUSLY!?!?!


So then he asks AGAIN... can I give him your number so he can just take you out to dinner sometime? ...


NNOOOOOOOOOOOO you can't!


It was awful, who does that to someone at 10 o'clock in the morning! SERIOUSLY!


To brighten my day, this morning Becky's kids came in to the office with diapers strapped on their heads, they are 2 and 4. They said "Happy Diaper Hat Day"! It was SO funny and her kids are so cute!
I thought that this look might be good for me maybe the over 40's will stop looking!
Then The New Kids On the Block (the new punk group in our building next door) brought in a puppy today with their kids. It's been a fun morning...I'm going to go eat.

5 comments:

  1. Jamaica text me and told me about this! I am sorry:(it is a tinse bit funny though:0) Don't worry you look your age and not a day older:) ...I love the person that you are speaking about but he is a little clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy is just CRAZY. You don't look anything even close to 34!! I love reading the stories you write...they always have so much personality and make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a flippin' psycho! And yes, nothing like adding insult to injury!! Don't worry about a thing, you DON'T look like you are 34, NOT EVEN CLOSE! Just curious, is the guy that's out finding chicks for his friend ina relationship?? It sounds like with skills like that, it may be hard for him to land ANY kinda girl! HA HA!!! Glad Becky's kiddos saved the day! Love the story, thanks for always making me laugh :0) P.S. I am ALL ABOUT that B-day dinner (and yes it's Mexican FOR SURE!!) Call me! Loves....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Jen,
    This is funny! You are so beautiful The guy had no idea what he was doing!! The diaper hats is way too cute.. Hope all is well In St. George One day soon I hope to visit ya'll:)

    ReplyDelete