I'M OFFICIALLY A CANNER!
Last October I went for a life altering job on a Saturday morning. I went at the time with the intention of missing our Stake Preparedness Event. I was jogging back home and had to pass the Stake Center and all of a sudden I had a strong urge to just go in so you can say you went. SO I did and sat in the back on the stage and ended up being there for over an hour! It was amazing! The booklet that they handed out is available to print online called EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN by Wendy DeWitt. They also showed the VIDEO of her going over the booklet and what she has experienced. This made SO much sense to me and it helped me wrap my brain around food storage and how I can do it while I'm single too. Totally amazing please check it out!!! Check out her BLOG too!
I went straight home after the Event and called my mom and told her that I wanted a Pressure Canner for Christmas! That's exactly what I got too! Santa picked it up from the CANNING PANTRY online. It looks completely scientific and sorta freaked me out so I haven't really tackled the sucker UNTIL this weekend!
What better to do on General Conference weekend but some canning! One of the most motivating things on the video is that she encourages that we can our own meat. The meat will last with all the nutritional value on the SHELF, not frozen or refrigerated for one YEAR! She also said that the meat is more tender because it is pressure cooked! She has tried her chicken that she had canned in jars for 10 years and said it was fantastic! I thought it was genius, so chicken was on sale at Harmon's last week so I bought 5 packages of it and canned the little guys! I now have 8 jars of chicken breasts, that is 14 breasts :)
The jars look like those jars from 7th grade science that have pigs feet in phermeldahyde but I was still very proud and my roommates were encouraging and supportive of the venture! One of the jars didn't make it, it didn't seal right so Colleen took our chances to see how it tasted! It was so tender and tasted amazing!!
Good Job Jen!!!! I am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteYour breasts look great!
ReplyDelete