THE WAVE!
Julie and I got invited by our amazing hiking friend Robert to go hike the WAVE with him today! He called yesterday afternoon and said he had tickets so we jumped at the opportunity. There are only 12 people that are allowed through the trail every day and he had to get the tickets 4 months in advance! It is out toward Paige, Arizona about 2.5 hours from St. George, almost to Lake Powell. It was a 7 mile 5 hour hike! And it was a blast THANKS ROBERT!!!



From the WAVE you can see this little arch and we climbed up there!

Then we went into the Picture Arch room.
The Sand Dune Room was my favorite! It is a big circular room that the wind blows the sand through and it has cut away the sandstone and the sand then gathers together in the middle of the room forming this sand dune!
These were taken on the way in, we are actually standing on a 45 degree slanted cliff, pretty fun illusion though!
We found this guy Yomas, originally from Poland, out there wandering around, so since Robert had been there about 13 times this guy followed us around. Totally European, he was so nice and had the most fun accent!
Julie and I got invited by our amazing hiking friend Robert to go hike the WAVE with him today! He called yesterday afternoon and said he had tickets so we jumped at the opportunity. There are only 12 people that are allowed through the trail every day and he had to get the tickets 4 months in advance! It is out toward Paige, Arizona about 2.5 hours from St. George, almost to Lake Powell. It was a 7 mile 5 hour hike! And it was a blast THANKS ROBERT!!!
These were taken on the way in, we are actually standing on a 45 degree slanted cliff, pretty fun illusion though!
We found this guy Yomas, originally from Poland, out there wandering around, so since Robert had been there about 13 times this guy followed us around. Totally European, he was so nice and had the most fun accent!
These pics are SO awesome! And how is it that you still lokk hot even when youare hiking??
ReplyDeleteWow, that is beautiful! Where is it???
ReplyDeletei gotta say i'm diggin the dark hair, what a babe!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! We need to go out there sometime when I'm down in STG. How many people were there when you were?
ReplyDeleteOh my heck that place is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous!! I've got to get there sometime! But since it sounds un-likely I'll just soak up your incredible pictures! Seriously so freaking cool!
ReplyDeleteI'm coming with you next time! That place is stinkin awesome!
ReplyDeleteyou guys really know how to WAVE hello.
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo cool! I am a little slow but I still don't get how that picture looks slanted!!! Doesn't jamaica have one just like that?
ReplyDelete