LET'S FOCUS JEN!
One thing really has hit me up side the head this week! What am I focusing on, what am I glorifying? I love my blog but sometimes it's a little bit of an advertisement of myself and it's sad to think of what I am glorifying or not glorifying. For example, the Super Bowl is NOT a bad thing but there are so many other wonderful things in the world. I'm so excited that Brett has won his second Championship, he's so talented and determined and I'm way proud of his accomplishments. I realized though as I was getting all hyped up about the game that I am even more proud of his sister K. K is as well very athletically capable and so determined. K and her husband were sealed in the temple a couple years ago and I was so sad when Brett was not able to go to her wedding because he had football. I haven't been to either of the Super Bowl games but I did get to go to K's sealing and I'm SO grateful for that, it was SO amazing and special for me! It forced me to think about what others sacrifice to be inactive in the gospel and what others sacrifice to be active in the gospel.
I was reading in the Ensign again this morning and that thought from this week had come to me as I read the article "Left with a Violin and a Hymnbook". This family was traveling to Utah and their van caught on fire. Most of their belongings were burnt along with the van and they were very grievous over what was lost. As the mother went through what was left after the fire crew distinguished the fire she found her melted purse. Inside everything was destroyed except for her temple recommend. She says "at that moment I suddenly realized I had been focusing on the wrong things. The most important things - our testimonies of the gospel and our personal safety - were intact."
No comments:
Post a Comment