ENSIGN BY DAY SCRIPTURES BY NIGHT
I started to read the Ensign in the mornings in place of my scriptures because the words of the Prophets in the latter-days are as important or more important in the last days. I study my scriptures at night. By the end of the month I have made it through each story in the Ensign and feel like I am reading what I need to hear. The article I read this morning from the January Ensign "Putting My Hand in the Lord's" was so great. It was a story written by a woman who had 4 children and was pregnant with her 5th. Her husband ended up at this time drowning in a lake. She shared what helped her deal with her traumatic situation and the couple of quotes that she used really applied to me.Instead of asking why is this happening to her she asked how was she going to deal with it? Heavenly Father loves us and even though we don't know why we do know that He guides our lives. She quotes 1 Nephi 11:17 "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." Faith has to be sufficient when we do not know why.
She goes on to say, "Though pain and loss bite deep, it is comforting to know that painful experiences are not wasted. Elder B.H. Roberts of the seventy (1857-1933) said that "those who have to contend with difficulties, brave dangers, endure disappointments, struggle with sorrows, eat the bread of adversity and drink the water of affliction, develop a moral and spiritual strength together with a purity of life and character, unknown to the heirs of ease, and wealth and pleasure."
No comments:
Post a Comment